List of Bonfire’s Shows (2011 - 2014)
COMMUNITY BASED ORGANISATIONS
- Western Cape: St Luke's Hospice support groups for HIV+ adults, Treatment Action Campaign support groups for HIV+ adults, Desmond Tutu HIV/Aids Foundation, Masiphumelela community Xenophobic Attacks project, Ons Plek Street Shelter for girls, TSiBA and Kids Positive at Groote Schuur, various schools on the Cape Flats
- Bonfire performed at Tsiba campus: The Tertiary School in Business Administration (TSiBA) was founded in 2004 with a vision to “Ignite Opportunity”. Their mission is to be an innovative learning community that graduates entrepreneurial leaders who ignite opportunity and social change. Bonfire performed at their Spirit of Youth festival.
- A Bonfire performance formed part of the festivities at the 10 year celebration of the organisation GAPA (Grandmothers against poverty and AIDS)
- Gauteng: Wits Schools of arts, Rainbow Sparrow Children's Home, Sibikwa Youth Project, Twilight Children's Shelter in Hillbrow for Street Children, Soweto Kliptown Youth Community Centre, Refilwe Children's Home
- Bonfire performed at a charity event hosted by Professor Kurt April and his wife to raise money for disadvantaged youngsters from Samurai Plumstead Dojo to travel to the USA to compete in the karate world championships.
- Western Cape: Sanlam, Graduate School of Business (UCT), Old Mutual, Women in Business (GSB event), Ingenious People's Knowledge, Allan Gray, Engen, Shell
- Bonfire facilitated 2 improvisation workshops and performances for the MBA students at the GSB, Cape Town (2011). Initiated in 2007 by Kurt April, Professor of Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion at the UCT GSB, this partnership sees the Bonfire Theatre Company presenting an intense workshop each year to UCT MBA students to help raise self-awareness, provide processes for reflection, enhance intuitive senses and the ability to play and to improvise, and show how to tap into latent knowledge that can’t be accessed solely through cognitive means.
- Kwa-Zulu Natal: Engen
- Gauteng: Engen
- Bonfire performed at the UCT and Drama For Life presented conference on Healing and Social Transformation in Mental Health in South Africa(2014) and received a standing ovation.
- Eastern Cape: National Arts Festival, Grahamstown (2006 and 2010)
- Western Cape: Drama for Life
- Gauteng: Drama For Life (2009 – 2011)
- Swaziland: Bushfire Festival (2011): Bonfire performed and facilitated workshops at the Bushfire Festival in Swaziland in May. The festival is now a 4 day event dedicated to young people and arts educators. It included interactive workshops and performances in clowning, storytelling, music and dance and was facilitated by dedicated arts facilitators from across the region and internationally.
- Bonfire performed at the South Africa Presidents' University for YPO/WPO conference at the hotel in April 2011. We were part of the conference that showcased the artistic, literary and academic talent of Cape Town and South Africa to the World
- Jan van Riebeeck, April 2013
- Bonfire 7th Anniversary, August 2012
- Bonfire Public Show, April 2012
- The Bonfire Theatre Project performed it's final public show of 2011 at UCT's Rehearsal Room at Hiddingh Campus. The show was a huge success and tickets were sold out on both nights!